May 6, 2011

An apology to all the amazing, dedicated teachers out there

Today I made a very stupid and thoughtless comment in one of my newscasts and I would like to apologize.


Regarding a story on Michael Ignatieff going to teach to U of T, I said in my opening line, "Those who cannot do, teach."


At the time I didn't think really about the meaning behind the comment.


I apologize for the thoughtless comment. I in no way meant to imply that teaching was a fall-back to some other career. I have nothing but respect for teachers, especially teachers in this province who work extremely hard with virtually non-existant budgets and who don't get the recognition they deserve.

It was an incredibly stupid mistake on my part.


Truly sorry to all the great teachers out there, 
Cassie

No comments:

Post a Comment